Tips for a Powerful PowerPoint Presentation
It's true now days good cognitive content & designing, can't suffice for PPT Presenation. There are a lot more things like: stats, visualizing of information, Image selection, etc. become very important to make a Powerful Powerpoint Presentation that can actually impress & work great for your Traget Audience.
The best start is simply to make a better presentation.
- 10-20-30 Rule – This is a slideshow rule offered by Guy Kawasaki. This rule states that a powerpoint slide should have no more than 10 slides, last no longer than 20 minutes and have no text less than 30 point font for a PPT Presentation.
- Be Entertaining – Speeches should be entertaining and informative.
- Don't Read – This one is a no brainer, but somehow Powerpoint makes people think they can get away with it. If you don't know your speech without cues, that doesn't just make you more distracting.
- Do Apologize if You're Wrong – One caveat to the above rule is that you should apologize if you are late or shown to be incorrect. You want to seem confident, but don't be a jerk about it.
- Get Practice – Join Toastmasters and practice your speaking skills regularly in front of an audience.
- "That's a Good Question" – You can use statements like, "that's a really good question
- Project Your Voice - Nothing is worse than a speaker you can't hear. Even in the high-tech world of microphones and amplifiers, you need to be heard.
Following are few points which you need to take care while getting your pitching presentation prepared.
- Visually good & appealing
- With full of statics & figures to support your point
- Clearly defined TG with customer persona
- Your prior experience in business & your plan for future
- SWOT analysis & competition
- Time period for execution of plan in various phases & investment requirement phase wise
- Outcome / profit in terms of number/dollars
- Great picture as a whole
- Why this project should be considered for investment.
- Q & A slide for answering the queries
Remember, even a great idea, if not presented well may go waste so make sure your PPT Presentations in a way that it can excite the Target Audience, talk their language and shows your passion for the idea.
Samples of PPT Presentation